Water Aid to build a well
An ambition is to generate enough funds to support the construction of a water well in Africa. Water is so fundamental, yet something that many people lack. I have no intention of making an imploring speech here. Visitors to this blog are already wise enough to know and sensitive enough to feel. So I am simply asking, ‘Can you help?’ If you can help then please do! At the very least it motivates me to do more and to keep going with this project.
What I am doing?
Here is what I have been doing so far:
- EBay for Charity,
- All money generated from banner clicks from my blog AnAccidentalAnarchist.com (so click please).
So far I have personally managed around £235 and this total is not growing fast enough. The cost of a well is substantially more than I can raise on my own (see Cost of a new well).
I hate to ask people to help, it feels like putting a burden on you, but, I have been trying towards this goal on my own and I need support.
So my plan is to set out some activities to support this cause:
1. Kick off: half marathon (see http://www.chislehursthalf.org.uk/raceinfo.html)
2. Followup runs, a 10k in June, more TBC and another half marathon in October.
3. Once we get to 500 GBP donation, I’ll sign up for a full marathon and go all out for more sponsorship.
Pictured and progress
I’ll post pictures and progress reports here so that anyone that donates can see that I am pulling my weight.
Progress so far
- May half marathon run: £299 of £299
- Total raised: £485 of £2415
- You can donate either via paypal using the widget (any amount, loose change, etc. it all helps)
- You can also donate directly to waterAid, just let me know how much and I’ll add it to my total raised (https://www.wateraid.org/uk/donate) – just leave a comment so I can move along the progress bars!